Thursday, December 3, 2015

Challenged myself!

I made it to the final round at Art Battle Saskatoon. I completed this painting in 20 minutes - the top two in that round (out of 6) went on to the finals.

I did a number of "practice" pieces before I went and plan to get some pictures of them up here soon. 

The lighting wasn't great - the paint was not a quality I am used to - my easel started to collapse when I started to paint - BUT the event was an incredible experience. I am so glad that I participated.

Then I went on to the finals and completed this painting in 20 minutes. 

The top 3 in the finals were only 5 votes apart. This painting was only 2 votes behind the winner. 

It was great fun - and I never made a fool of myself. In fact, I think my son was rather proud of me tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment